Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good morning!

Corinne had a wonderful night and slept peacefully, except when the nurse had to check her vitals every 3 hours. Those were scheduled feeding times also, and she did pretty well with the bottle. We didn't push it, though, since she was pretty tired, and what she didn't take easily by mouth went in through the ng tube. At about 5:30 she woke up a little bit as the nurse gave her some IV medicine. I gave her a pacifier as she settled back to sleep, but it made her gag and she spit up quite a bit. Bad move, mommy! Prior to surgery, she had only spit up once in her short life, so this is a new challenge for us. Hopefully it will be temporary, as Corinne needs all the nutrition she can get at this point.

6 comments:

  1. YAY...for Corinne!! Glad she had a good night!! Maybe the "spit-up" is from just being sore from all the many tubes during surgery....hope you all have a GREAT day today too!!! Give her a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing an awesome job keeping us posted. I am enjoying looking to see what is going on. I am so glad to hear that she is doing well and great to see her playing! I hope that everything continues to go smoothly.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Corinne!!! I'm glad you are getting some rest. Thank you for the updates.

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Corinne! I'm glad she had a good night for you. I am thinking and praying for your family everyday.
    The Clelands

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to hear about the progress Corinne is making! You guys are doing such great things for her. I'm sure she is sensing all of your love and care. We will pray for another good night tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I am glad to hear things are going well. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Michael and Carrie Donnell

    ReplyDelete