Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 1 after surgery

It was a long night, but Corinne is doing well. The doctors are pleased with her progress and expect to remove the chest tube and catheter later on today. That's wonderful news, because we expect to be allowed to hold her once the chest tube is out. Hopefully that will make her a little bit more comfortable. She is moaning and fussing more than I would like for her to, but it seems that is to be expected one day post op from open heart surgery. She doesn't appear to be in extreme pain, just mostly uncomfortable and unsure of what is going on. Her little body is probably pretty sore from the surgery. We expect to remain in the CICU through at least sometime tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to be able to hold her either!! You are all being very strong through all this, especially Corinne!! I am praying they take out what they need to so you can get your hands on her again and give her some loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I'm staying updated through your website - Thank You! I'm keeping Corinne and family in my prayers multiple times throughout the day. Let me know if you need anything, anything at all. So glad to hear that she is doing well and I'll continue the prayers. Love, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear such wonderful news - 1 day post op! It is my prayer that you all will be able to wrap your arms around your sweet little girl...and that she will continue to heal and become stronger each moment! Thanks for the update!!

    ReplyDelete