Monday, January 5, 2009

First feeding and sleep

I am pleased to say Daddy was able to provide some care and comfort tonight while mommy got some much needed rest (my opportunity for rest is coming).

Around 7:15 the nurse asked if I was OK with trying to feed Corinne, the Dr. left instructions for us to try and get her to start bottle feeding tonight. Despite Corinne's objections to feeding with out being held, we were able to make her comfortable and she drank about 1oz of Pedialite. Several more opportunities will follow.

Her vitals continue to improve, however she is still receiving some blood pressure and pain medications.

We expect tonight will be a peaceful one and look forward to celebrating another day with our family tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. We are keeping you in our prayers and glad to hear of the progress!

    Doug, Anita, and Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett and Allison, So glad to hear that Corinne's surgery went well. You have been in my thoughts all day. I called Bobby when I got home and he told me the news and sent me the pictures. Hope and Pray that Corinne has a swift recovery and that Mommy and Daddy have the strength to endure this trying time. God Bless You All, Love, Donna Richards

    ReplyDelete